This Activity encourages and empowers young people who are experiencing current disadvantage which impacts them emotionally and professionally. Participants work alongside caring and experienced Team Members to increase their self-esteem and self-confidence, as well as improve interpersonal and meaningful on the job skills.
This mentoring provides a structured and trusting relationship that brings young people together with caring individuals who offer guidance, support and encouragement.
- Empowers people to develop to their fullest potential
- Is a strategy to develop active community partnerships
- Fosters caring and supportive relationships
- Involves positive role modelling
- Increases future employment opportunities
Youth mentoring is an effective way of providing young people with a supportive and enriching experience. Research shows that youth mentoring positively impacts on the lives of both young people and mentors.